On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 06:29:39PM +0000, vijay chopra wrote:
> I notice Ashley's misleading people again. From his blog-post:
> "We do maximise the reach of our services by distributing our content via
> closed or prioprietary networks (Virgin Media, Sky, Tiscali TV/HomeChoice,
> mobile platforms, etc.)"
>
> The BBC doesn't distribute programs via Sky, it distributes them via the
> Astra Satalite using the DRM free DVB-S standard; I don't have to get a sky
> subscription to view the BBCs digital satalite content, just a satalite dish
> and a decoder box.
> Similarly with Virgin Media IIRC the BBC  signal can be picked up using any
> old DVB-C decoder.

[snip]

> Of course, this raises the question, is he misleading deliberately, or just
> misinformed? Considering his recent faux pas it's not much of a stretch to
> believe he's not only misinformed, terminally so (I ascribe nothing to
> malice that can be explained by eveyday incompetence).

Whether he is misleading deliberately or just misinformed it does his
credibility no good at all.  Now I know that a lot of people at his
level in many organisations have a shaky grip on the nuts and bolts but
even so certain statements really ought to have been given more thought
even if the information was from people advising him.

--
Andy Leighton => [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   - Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_