On 26/11/2007, Tom Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Given you can't have both (the source code isn't owned by the BBC) I'd
> be happy with open data.

Open data would be fantastic, free software + open data would be better.

> > See my sig.
>
> I did. Cathy Come Home would seem to disprove it as a hypothesis.

I disagree, it can work on many levels. On one level people were free
to take the ideas from Cathy Come Home and discuss/loby them to get
social change. On another unrelated level would be how society can
re-use and remix the original footage.

You are conflating too seperate things.

--
Noah Slater <http://www.bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman