On 20/01/2008, Michael Sparks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's worth noting that license 5 is the weakest level of control a developer
> can exert. Someone can take your work and either restrict your ability to take
> changes (that you can release as 5) by either re-releasing your work in a
> derivative licensed under 4) or 1).

This is a common misconception.

With most "5" style licenses, such as X11 or BSD licenses, you can not
relicense (technically, "sublicense") the source code under "4" style
licenses, but you can combine sourcecode files with mixed licenses
into a single program.

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2007/gpl-non-gpl-collaboration.html
explains how to do this in depth.

The Expat license, that I linked to earlier in the thread, permits
sublicensing, which is why I recommend it.

--
Regards,
Dave