Mr I Forrester wrote:
I like the idea of this, hard sell but who knows maybe a prototype could bring this to life.

It might be nice to see something like the BBC Annotatable Audio project that the BBC Radio & Music Interactive R&D team worked on back in 2005, but on the iPlayer stream.

e.g. a prototype could see a greasemonkey script which paused the video (if possible) and allowed the viewer to add a text annotation (and UUID reference if available) to what was happening on screen.

Tom Coates posted some screenshots and video for how Annotatable Audio worked: http://www.plasticbag.org/archives/2005/10/on_the_bbc_annotatable_audio_project/

I guess I'm talking about something like Annodex, but for iPlayer content.

http://www.annodex.net/

Phil