Gareth Davis wrote:
Peter Bowyer wrote:
On 16/04/2008, Christopher Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > It would be the first order of the day - a beanbag for all
 > staff and free beer in the meeting rooms.

Last.fm has the ballpit (with webcams) and the BPI has the
free beer, I
think that's reason enough for the Beeb to implement them
both as sensible
 employee-centric policies.
Surely you'd want firemens' poles and slides like Google in Switzerland??

Since you are in the advance party going to Manchester Ian, perhaps you
could have a word with the project team to make sure all of this is a
requirement for the new building :)

And if anyone is reading this from the W1 project.... Can we have some
slides in those big atriums going into the new BHX? Or maybe some kind
of gravity drop ride? News 24^H^HThe BBC News Channel would be so much
more entertaining being punctuated by screams of those taking the
'express lift' to reception :)
I love the idea of a gravity drop ride to the car park or tram stop.

Although we laugh about this stuff, Google's policy on free food is actually well reasoned. But I don't think it would apply to the BBC, as we're publicly funded and rightly so should pay for food. I am however going to miss the free coffee and teas from the broadcast centre. Never was a better time to switch to green tea I guess.