Brian Butterworth wrote:
On 17/04/2008, *Tim Dobson* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Brian Butterworth wrote:
Just a question.
On Monday BBC World is going to become BBC World News.
That's silly.
And News 24 seems like a pretty strong brand to me.
And it clearly passes the Ronseal test, which is all a brand has to do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Does_exactly_what_it_says_on_the_tin
The Times carried an article about this a few days ago.
I still think that as decisions go, this has to be one of the least
justifiable decisions I have seen.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
I don't think BBC News 24 was a broken name.
--
www.tdobson.net
----
If each of us have one object, and we exchange them, then each of us
still has one object.
If each of us have one idea, and we exchange them, then each of us now
has two ideas. - George Bernard Shaw
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/