On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Brian Butterworth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://zattoo.com/
>
> http://informitv.com/articles/2008/05/09/zattooclaimscopyright/
>
> "Zattoo, which is now offering live online streams of the leading British
> terrestrial television channels, is claiming it has the right to do so under
> the United Kingdom Copyright Act. Zattoo says it "operates strictly
> legitimately on the basis of agreements with broadcasters and the copyright
> law" but the British broadcasters say they have no agreements with the
> streaming startup company. The law seems ambiguous at best."

Interesting stuff. I can see how retransmission is a good thing but
only through the right channels - i.e. if I were to provide content to
the BBC or ITV, I would like it to be transmitted professionally and
with a good level of quality.

Any views on this?