David

On 3 Jul 2008, at 17:46, Dave Crossland wrote:

But it tramples our freedom and community, which are more important.

There are many different communities on this list - please do not conflate your community with mine. You do not speak for everyone on this list and it would be more helpful if you were to express that in the body of your mail rather than as a disclaimer in your .sig.

Ian - it is a new technology, with cross platform client side support that goes beyond Win2K, XP & Vista cross platform support. I see no problem in running a competition with it. Delivering all BBC content in it would be different but that is not what is being suggested ;-)

The people I have spoken to who have developed with it have mostly had nice things to say about it, after all as we are trying to make new things happen, we should use the best tools that are available for the job whilst allowing as a wide a range of users to participate on the client side.

Cheers

Who doesn't run Windaes, and has a mix of ~50/50 Linux/OSX boxen.