So a little history

I was approached by a large company to run a competition based on there
technology. The base technology was xml but required there software to
play it back.

I did turn down the offer for many of the reasons brought up on the list
recently. I did feel this should have done in a more transparent way but
I never said no as such, so it could still happen.

However about competitions, we have a couple of competitions planned
already its just a matter of when. We feel its better to launch
competitions around new APIs/sets of Data rather that technologies. I
might be wrong, but generally a new API can really spark ideas.

Cheers,

Ian Forrester

See some of you at OpenTech08, where we might be launching something :)