Hi Everyone,

I agree with Alia, can't we all just get along ?

If this is to be a competition about rich internet applications, then the competition could be open to AIR and alternatives, such as Google Gears etc. That is likely to appeal to our various sub-communities better. Also, wouldn't that be interesting in itself ?! All these fevered developers taking an opening concept and applying it to their 'colours' about open this, proprietary that. I'm sure the end user isn't bothered, as long as the final result is something that makes them get all teary and touch the screen, as they whisper "home". Offering guidelines but not restrictions makes it more like a sort of X-prize or Darpa race then. With a broad goal to work toward, that leaves plenty of room to go off in different directions and that allows for a nice, healthy gorge of innovation and ideas.

That's how I feel about it anyway.

Ben O'Connor