2008/7/4 simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Ben's suggestion to allow the people to choose their RIA flavour whether it
> be AIR, gears or whatever is very sensible.
>
> Surely the main thing is that a good idea gets built.

Surely the main thing is that we preserve our freedom to understand
and share the software we use to do our computation.

Using software running on other people's servers to do _our_
computation also tramples our freedom, and this is becoming more
common with RIA technology.

"If your software would keep us divided and helpless, please don't
write it. We are better off without it. We will find other ways to use
our computers, and preserve our freedom."
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7487060.stm

Cheers,
Dave
Personal opinion only.