From: Chris Newell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 October 2008 12:10
To: Anthony McKale
Cc: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: RE: [backstage] TV Schedule web api

Anthony,

At 16:58 2008-10-27, you wrote:
>I've tried playing around with the system, I know the service is new
>and is in development, so with that in mind I do have a few wee
>questions:
>
>1. Is there anyway to get a complete list of valid services/channels Eg

>tried bbcone as a service and stuff but it didn't work
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/programmes/schedules.xml
>
>2. Does the programmes system have any search capabilities like this
>http://www0.rdthdo.bbc.co.uk/services/api/bbc.programme.search.html
>
>3. Are there any examples of the more complex options in action ?
>eg
>/:service/programmes/schedules{/:outlet}/:year/:month/:day
>{/:service}/programmes/genres/:genre1{/:genre2{/:genre3}}/schedules/:ye
>r/:month/:day
>
>4. Is there anyway of getting information on non-groupPID Eg individual

>programme info on like this balamory ep
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0078k5m

It's true that /programmes doesn't yet duplicate all the functionality
of the experimental Backstage Web API. However, I know that the service
is under active development and the /programmes team would probably be
very interested to see your requirements.

In the meantime you can use the Backstage Web API but bear in mind that,
in the longer term, the intention is that it will be superseded.

Chris

>Anyway it's nice system, sorry for the hundred and one question, look
>forward to using it,
>
>Cheers
>
>Zap
>
>Ps
>Ouch well that's todays as3 api work out the window, just as I was
>nearly finished  :-D
>
>Anthony Mckale, Actionscript Programmer Tel : 0141 42(26453) Mob :
>07912981657 BBC FMT Scotland, PQ Room 3.27

http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
Unofficial list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/