> MS has a lot of employees - many have never liked DRM, many would bet their
> future on it. En-masse I thinkg MS tends towards the latter rather than the
> former.

I don't think DRM will go away either but that doesn't mean I like it. If I
were a company seeking out to build a music player I would opt have to
support DRM to stay competitive. Since you have heard the debate in its
entirety, maybe you can save me an hour and respond to my question?

MS has a lot of employees - many have never liked DRM, many would bet their
> future on it. En-masse I thinkg MS tends towards the latter rather than the
> former.

That's conjecture.

His follow-on avoided a flamewar and pointed to a neat catalogue of
> previously
> stated views. Your response was to try and inflame the thread. Please don't
> do that.

I was soliciting a categorical response to my question. Of which I have not
seen any from you or him (why is it so surpising that microsoft would prefer
DRM-free content).

-- Aleem