2008/11/23 Fearghas McKay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On 23 Nov 2008, at 12:31, Brian Butterworth wrote:
>
>  Of course not.  He can't be arsed to listen to the podcast.
>>

> No you can't be arsed to present your position in the same medium that we
> are having this discussion.

Good point, but I was accused of posting flamebait!

> So please explain your point using text rather than just pointing to
> somewhere in a podcast - without even the benefit of a time point so that we
> can find it accurately.

To be honest, I have gone over it so many times I got the distinct
impression - indeed a direct suggestion from a BBC person I very much
respect - to stop going on about it, so I refer you to the podcast
discussion because it is the most easily accessible backstage.bbc.co.ukarchive.

Basically, mathematically DRM is snake oil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_oil_(cryptography)

> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/briantist
web: http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover
advice, since 2002