        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Tonge
        Sent: 09 December 2008 14:25
        To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
        Subject: Re: [backstage] Iplayer the best video experience online?

        personally, still haven't managed to get hulu working - please feel
free to recommend a proxy/other method. reckon i'd use it a lot though.

        Joost lost my interest (and IMHO damaged their brand) with poor content
and standalone player - haven't bothered with the in-browser version yet.

        ITV made a strange choice in using Silverlight - works OK on my PC but
still crashes my Mac browsers. They just don't have the content though.

        iPlayer is great on the Wii if you use WiiPlayer
<http://defaced.co.uk/wiiplayer/>  to sort out the interface, fantastic through
a browser, kind of pointless on an iPhone without access over  3G (though the
recently-discovered TV-out framework could make for a useful native
application). It'd be nice to access it through an Xbox 360 (a la netflix). DRM
and Kontiki prevent me using DL content (ditto 4OD - i'd rather use, gasp,
bittorrent).

        My PS3  toting-friend is overjoyed with iPlayer on his telly, whilst
another with Virgin Media never uses it.

        Hulu notwithstanding, I think iPlayer's easily the best experience for
professionally-produced content, and the ease and speed of use makes me choose
it over the illegal method mentioned above every time.