From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk [mailto:owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk]
On Behalf Of Alan Pope
Sent: 22 April 2009 12:11
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] Shower Radios

2009/4/22 Zen <zen16...@zen.co.uk>:
> What is the need for a radio "in" the shower anyway? Why not just
> leave a radio or mp3 player outside the shower and turn the volume up?

Indeed, I once received a combined solar/wind-up radio for my birthday, which
lived on the window-sill in our bathroom. A quick wind of the handle (45.5
turns) before leaping in the shower would result in enough loud music for 20
mins or so. Longer with lower volume.

Amusingly we'd tend to let the winder expire rather than turn the radio off.
Frequently we'd be sat downstairs later in the day and have the bejeezus scared
out of us by voices from upstairs. Caused by the sun blazing through the
window, waking the radio up via the gift of solar power.

Fun fun.

Cheers,
Al.