>> I suspect you can trust your family, friends etc to respect your wishes, and
>> you can limit the distribution through trust.

>> Images of children can be sourced for advertising without having to resort
>> to using private images.

So your basic answer is that in a world without copyright, instead of
me being allowed to say "Hey, I know you *could* just download this
straight off the internet and reuse it however you want, but I'd
really rather you didn't", the onus is instead on me to personally
vouch for the distribution of my photos on a person-by-person basis
and just hope for the best from anyone I don't know who wants a
picture of a child?

If you want to write software code, and are happy for people to take
it away and modify it and do what they want with it, then fine, I'm
not stopping you. The output of my work is writing and wireframes and
designs. I'd rather someone didn't just reproduce all of my blog or my
presentations or my wireframe ideas and pass them off as their own or
make money from them without my permission. So why do you want to stop
me expressing that wish?

You can quote as many bits of historical text from the 1800s as you
like, but it doesn't stop you sounding like an arrogant prick who
thinks he has more right to determine what should happen to the things
I produce than I do.