On 9-Oct-2009, at 00:21, David Tomlinson wrote:

For obvious reasons I do not wish to discuss children as a subject anymore.

It’s not obvious at all. People need to stop with the nervousness when the words “children” and “photograph” appear in a sentence together; it’s, for want of a better term, childish and ridiculous.

It’s also pretty salient, given it’s a straightforward example of a copyright-holder having a current ability to exercise control without having to resort to onerous trust mechanisms.

Your position has a distinct lack of great upsides as compared to the status quo, but it -does- have some significant flaws, and I say that retaining the view that copyright as it exists today is flawed in some fairly serious ways.

M.

--
mo mcroberts
http://nevali.net

Run Leopard or Snow Leopard? Set Quick Look free with DropLook -
http://labs.jazzio.com/DropLook/