On 12-Oct-2009, at 08:12, Mo McRoberts wrote:

From the FT:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ba940c48-b6c5-11de-8a28-00144feab49a.html

Responding to myself (it’s an exciting life I lead), I notice that the FT says:

“The broadcaster wants the Trust to force the BBC to allow anybody - not just public service broadcasters - to join Canvas.”

It was my impression that being a PSB wasn’t a prerequisite for joining the JV (just having a bucketload of cash to spare). It’s a bit odd that, one, as most of Sky’s stance seems to be predicated on the slightly sensible position of “build and use the specs and the platform will be created from that”.

Jury’s out on this one until I can read their actual response, I guess. That’ll teach me to rely on the FT ;)

M.

--
mo mcroberts
http://nevali.net

Run Leopard or Snow Leopard? Set Quick Look free with DropLook -
http://labs.jazzio.com/DropLook/