On 14-Oct-2009, at 00:00, Mr I Forrester wrote:

I think and i'm not sure, so don't quote me on this.

Because the Canvas spec is still going through the BBC Trust (?) it
would be unwise for anyone within the BBC to really comment deeply on
it. I'll double check when I'm off holiday

This is actually what I’d assumed the case would be, so I was a little surprised by the blog post yesterday (which conveniently skirts around the point that neither Sky nor Virgin Media, for example, would be able to officially make their STBs work with Canvas-delivered services without ditching their own user interfaces and using the Canvas UX).

Much of blogs/bbcinternet does seem to be predominantly PR-driven (wherever the issues themselves may originate), which makes it an unfortunate venue for any real dialogue on (with all respect to Nick & co.) things which aren’t *relatively* superficial.

Remember when backstage released a load of documents for the BBC's DMI
project? There was even a podcast -
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/news/archives/2007/08/backstage_podca.html

It seems it would be good to pull some of that stuff in to the wiki at
projectcanvas.co.uk. Who is andrew pascoe and does he subscribe to this list? before i saw his site i was going to propose a annotation service
for the canvas spec. Although a wiki might be better in this case.

I’ve prodded; I think you’re right, though, a decent way to dissect it all without having to wade through the raw docs isn’t a bad idea at all —be it a wiki or something else…

M.

--
mo mcroberts
http://nevali.net

Run Leopard or Snow Leopard? Set Quick Look free with DropLook -
http://labs.jazzio.com/DropLook/