On 1 Oct 2010, at 11:45, Paul Jakma wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, David Dorward wrote:
>
>> 1. If you look at the devices in the market which have access to this; none
>> of them provide a way to get the content off the device (for redistribution
>> or long term archiving). It seems reasonable to assume that this is not a
>> coincidence.
>
> So its impossible to get content off an iPad or an iPhone or a PS3 then? I
> think whoever put that argument to you may be badly mistaken.

iPad - has low quality video which has been being yanked for ages. I suspect
this has gone under the heading of "acceptable loss"
PS3 - flash, same as the main iPlayer
iPad - I'm yet to see someone pulling the video data from the iPlayer web app
they use here. Is there a way lurking around somewhere?

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk