"Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Stefan Degen wrote:
>
>> "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
>>
>>> P.S. You could also just start over and keep the old disk
>>> around for emergency...
>>
>> This is a quite good idea. If there is an emergency, i only need
>> to change the harddisk again....? Backuppc will not be angy :-)?
>
> If you stop the backuppc daemon before unmounting and removing the
> drive, I think it should be fine, but I haven't tried this myself.

I also think it would work.

If you are in a hurry, don't try to copy the files, it will take a
long time, and you will have to stop doing backups during this time. I
had a problem with a disk in a LVM last week, I had something like
120GB of data in the backuppc pool, and it took almost 4 days to copy
everything to another disk. Of course, one of my disks had some errors
which slows the copy, but most of the time was spent for re-creating
the hard links.

Rodrigo