Rodrigo Real <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Stefan Degen wrote:
> >>
> >> This is a quite good idea. If there is an emergency, i only
> >> need to change the harddisk again....? Backuppc will not be
> >> angy :-)?
> >
> > If you stop the backuppc daemon before unmounting and
> > removing the drive, I think it should be fine, but I haven't
> > tried this myself.
>
> I also think it would work.
>
> If you are in a hurry, don't try to copy the files, it will
> take a long time, and you will have to stop doing backups
> during this time. I had a problem with a disk in a LVM last
> week, I had something like 120GB of data in the backuppc pool,
> and it took almost 4 days to copy everything to another disk.

Oh, that would be too much time for us.

Well, i did it like Nils has written. I only replaced the
harddisk, set the mountpoint to /var/lib/backuppc (change the
permissions for the /var/lib/backuppc directory to
backuppc:backuppc) and that all i did.

At the moment a client does a full backup....

Thanks a lot for your help.

Stefan