Look in the config.pl file (if debian, it's probably
/etc/backuppc/config.pl).

If you have four 160GB drives, I would suggest using MD/LVM to create one
large logical volume. The "best" arrangement would probably be something
like a RAID 5 with all four drives, and maybe an LVM volume on top of that.

Paul

Tomorrow, Holm Kapschitzki wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i habe 4 older ide devices a 160 gb and i want to backup a few client
> hosts. So i cannot use one single device for backuppc. I read the doku
> and read something of configuring "topdir" to config the path where the
> data is backupt. On the other hand i read on debian package topdir is
> hardcoded.
>
> So my question is how to define different dir (at the different config
> files) for each host where i can backup the data?
>
> greets holm

"Can't you recognize bullshit? Don't you think it would be a
useful item to add to your intellectual toolkits to be capable
of saying, when a ton of wet steaming bullshit lands on your
head, 'My goodness, this appears to be bullshit'?
_____________Neal Stephenson, "Cryptonomicon"__________________

-----10921 days until retirement!-----