On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Frédéric Massot
<frede...@juliana-multimedia.com> wrote:

>> Just curious: does the content you back up consist mostly of tiny
>> files without much duplication?   It seems odd to run out of inodes
>> while still having substantial disk space.
>
> I used the command "df -i" on different servers to see those who ate a
> lot of inode, and it seems that it is the web server with Apache cache
> enabled.
>
> Is that one inode is used by one directory?

Each file and directory will use one, except that hardlinked files
share their inode.

> I'll use the "-t" option of htcacheclean to remove empty directory, and
> see if it makes a difference.
>

> On a web server most affected:
>
> $ df -h
> /dev/vda1              92G   52G   36G  60% /
>
> $ df -i
> Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
> /dev/vda1            6111232 4391859 1719373   72% /
>
> And the folder "/var/cache/apache2/mod_disk_cache" contains 2956954
> directories to 13 GB. The limit of the total disk cache size (-l option)
> is 300 MB ?!

If it is just a cache, it might be reasonable to exclude it from
backups.   The contents would probably have expired by the time you
could restore anyway, or already have fresh copies reloaded from the
original source.

      lesmikes...@gmail.com