On 03/08/17 08:55, Romain Pelissier wrote:
Hi,
I have a backuppc setup just upgrade with my fedora 26 server. Now for some unknown reason, the connection to a host is made with the user "backuppc" instead of root that should come from the setting $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $host $rsyncPath $argList+';

I have tested to set this at server level and host level with no luck. Everytime a backup is started, it is connecting with the backuppc account. I can confirm the login attempt in the secure log ans also that after a while I don't see any traffic coming from the backup server. Of course, creating a user backuppc on the remote host, giving it the sudo for rsync and add the option $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l backuppc $host $rsyncPath $argList+'; to the host fix the issue but I prefer to find the root (!) cause of the issue if possible.
Thanks!

Check your log file for the backup, it will show you the command that backuppc is using. Then check your host config and main config.pl to find out why it isn't using the config you think it should be.

We can't see any of that information, so we can't help you.

Regards,
Adam

on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message
in error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the
message from your computer. Viruses - Any loss/damage incurred by receiving
this email is not the sender's responsibility.
--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au