What is to best way to copy the BackupPC data?

I used rsync to copy data including hard links:
rsync -avxHAX --progress /var/lib/backuppc /copy

on 200G backup data - it is running for 4 days, transfered 188G of 200G and now spending whole day on copying the cpool hashes (probably hard links?). Of course the backuppc itself is not running to interfere with the process of copy, it is running on rotational 3TB disks from one disk to different disk. Still its taking somewhat too long... should I use a different method?

Adam Pribyl