I used rsync to copy data including hard links:
rsync -avxHAX --progress /var/lib/backuppc /copy

Because of all the hard links, rsync gets incredibly slow and uses a huge
amount of space in /tmp when trying to copy BackupPC (v.3) directories. Since
it looks like you're doing this on the same system, something like a tar pipe
may work better for you.

You could try something like:

tar -C /var/lib/backuppc --one-filesystem --acls --xattrs -cf - . | tar -C
/copy -xvf -

(double check that for sanity). You can achieve something similar with the
dump/restore commands if the file system supports those.

I've had some success with this. PS - removing the "verbose" part will likely
speed up your transfer appreciably.

Markus

---
Markus A. Iturriaga Woelfel, IT Administrator
University of Tennessee
Min H. Kao Building, Suite 424 / 1520 Middle Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-2250
mitur...@utk.edu<mailto:mitur...@utk.edu> / (865) 974-3837
http://twitter.com/UTKEECSIT