On 2018-09-17 16:26, Jaime Fenton wrote:
Here's my Error log example.

Some of the file locks are legitimate and I completely understand why
they happen, but the NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATIONs and
NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTEDs don't make a lot of sense to me.
The Backup aborted ( ) also happens for not reason (that I can note)
and would love if someone could explain that.

Jaime

I'll explain what I can:
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \Users\<my username>\AppData\Local\Application Data\*

In a nutshell, the "AL\backuppc" user doesn't have access to <my username> files by default, even if it is granted administrative privileges.

NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION opening remote file \Users\<my username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat

This is a registry file -- you won't be able to back it up *at all* without using shadow copies.

Backup aborted ()

I can't really explain this one, but I do recall that certain newer versions of backuppc and older versions of smbclient would combine so that BackupPC would have trouble interpreting the return messages from smbclient. Might need to check your versions, or bump up the log verbosity for more info.