I recently built (on newer hardware) a BackupPC v.4.3.1 on CentOS 7 using hobbes1069/BackupPC repo.

Letting BackupPC do backups and time has passed (couple of weeks) and this morning I discover, while "browsing backups" that the /home directory is empty on one (2) if the clients and are NOT being backed up. Directory /home has NOT been excluded, therefore, I do not understand why it is not backing up.

There are seven (7) clients being backed up and only two are not backing up /home, the others show files in /home.

I have increased the loglevel to "2" and ran a "Incr Backup" on one client and the logs say:

2019-09-28 06:23:12 incr backup started for directory /
2019-09-28 06:23:18 incr backup 40 complete, 66902 files, 2977658199 bytes, 0
xferErrs (0 bad files, 0 bad shares, 0 other)

Surely I need to look at other logs and adjust log settings to determine what is happening.

Any suggestions on what to look at are welcome, please.

Help?