Hi everyone

Currently, I'm using urbackup to backup a lot of image files and
thinking of migrating to backuppc.

I'm wondering if would be possible to run a command just after client
transfers file data but before it's stored in backuppc pool. My idea is
to do an image compression, like jpeg-xl lossless, instead of the
standard zlib one.

Reading the docs, I couldn't find any mention to specifying a command
to run before storing data, just commands to run before or after a
backup is done as a whole (eg. $Conf{DumpPreUserCmd},
$Conf{DumpPostUserCmd})

Maybe one option would be to convert and keep both versions of files,
JPEG and JPEG-XL, on client, but it's inviable to me because currently
I have about 15TB of images and don't have enough room to keep both of
them.

So, the steps I'm thinking of would be to transfer the files from
client to server as usual but, just before storing them in the pool,
running a command (in this case, cjxl) to do an image compression.
Certainly, this would be more bandwidth-friendly if it was possible to
do this compression before transferring to server, but I can't figure
out how I could accomplish this.

Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks