Hi,

I'd like to use the %l substitution in a Client Run Before Job script.
We're still mainly 1.36.0 for various reasons, mainly because people keep
claiming we're going to use NetBackup so we should just move to that (yet
no one ever seems to want to approve the PO for the licenses :).

I noticed that what %l expands to when executed is "Since" in all runs
when using it, which of course makes the script its trying to run very sad
:)

So I noticed that Bacula 1.36.3 had the following patch/fix which seems to
address the issue:
04Mar05 1.36.2-level.patch
This patch should fix a problem with th %l editing in the client (FD) where it edited nothing. With this fix, it should
 edit "since".

So I grabbed the 1.36.3 source rpm, built everything and and installed
only the new bacula-client package on the affected machine.  Sadly, the
"Since" issue still occurs.

Obviously, I'm hesitant to update the director and storage daemons to a
new versions at 3:30 on Friday before going away.  So, as always, a
littany of questions :)

- Is/was the above mentioned patch really supposed to fix the issue with
  the Client Run Before Job?
- Do I need to update the Director to get this fix, not just the -fd

Here's my jobdef:
Job {
 Name = "somehost.uga.edu"
 Client = "somehost.uga.edu-fd"
 JobDefs = "DefaultLinux"
 Client Run Before Job = "/somepath/db_backup %l"
 FileSet = "NodeBackendFiles"
 Schedule = "NodeBackend2Week"
 Storage = "FluxTape1"
 Pool = "FluxTape1Pool"
 Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/somehost.uga.edu.bsr"
}

Also a tangent question:

I'm trying to use Client Run Before Job to create a file which will be
read by the Fileset to get the file of files it should backup.  Does
bacula read the FileSet before running the Client Run Before Job?  I get
the feeling it does, but can't seem to be positive one way or another.  I
have another solution if so, but it's a tad crufty, and this way seems a
bit more elegant.

FileSet {
 Name = "JexamNodeBackendFiles"
 Include {
 Options {
 signature = SHA1
 onefs = no
 sparse = yes
 }
 File = "\\</jexam/shared/mysql/backups/backup-manifest"
 }
 Exclude {
 File = /.journal
 File = /.fsck