On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 09:47:18AM -0400, Hristo Benev wrote:
> From: Hristo Benev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Uwe Schuerkamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:47:18 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup up to tape AND disk at the same time
>
> Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> >On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 01:33:53PM +0200, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> >
> >>From: Uwe Schuerkamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:33:53 +0200
> >>Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup up to tape AND disk at the same time
> >>
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I was wondering if it's possible to store full backups both to disk
> >>and a tape library at the same time? I think I remember an example
> >>somewhere in the bacula docs of how to set this up, but I cannot for
> >>the life of me find it again.
> >>

> >Sorry to follow up on my own post, but it looks like the clone feature
> >(using "run" in a job definition) could be used for this purpose, or
> >am I mistaken? Would a line similar to
> >
> >Run = "fullbackup-client01 storage=DLT"
> >
> >do the trick, and more importantly, would this job run concurrently with
> >the regular backup to disk?
> >

> >All the best, uwe
> >
> I think that clone feature is not fully supported yet.
>
> I use 2 jobs running in same time one pointing to HDD and another to
> tape drive.

Hi Hristo,

thanks for your reply. Will those jobs retrieve the file from the
clients twice (once for each job) or will the file / storage daemons
handle this concurrent usage in a graceful manner so that unnecessary
network and server load can be avoided?

Cheers, uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +49 (0)5241 / 80 10 66 FAX: / 806 23 38