On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 05:45:43PM +0100, Alan Brown wrote:

> IE: double the network load.
>
> In order to achieve bit-identical backups, one would need to snapshot the
> filesystem before starting the backups and release the snapshot afterwards
> (Assuming LVM or other snapshot-capable setup)

Hello Alan et al.,

I'm not really interested in bit-by-bit identical backups, I just want
one full backup per month / host to go onto the tape library to "take
away" and store the media in a different location, so a couple of
different files within the tape backup would be no biggie.

One final question, though: Right now, bacula does a full backup once
a week and incremental backups during the rest of the week. However I
only want the full backup to end up on tape. Is there a way to
restrict cloned backups to level "full" only, ignoring the incremental
level backups?

As I understand it from the documentation, the "level" keyword in the
job's "run" statement would force a certain backup level for the
cloned job if I'm not mistaken?

All the best & thanks again everyone for your help & comments,

Uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +49 (0)5241 / 80 10 66 FAX: / 806 23 38