On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 11:15:39AM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> For your performance problems:
>
> Please read the Catalog Maintenance chapter of the manual:
>
> http://www.bacula.org/dev-manual/Catalog_Maintenance.html
>
> In particular the Performance section in that chapter. It tells you how to
> resolve these kinds of problems.

Hi Ken,

thanks for your reply. I've gone over that section a couple of times
and have changed the my.cnf as mentioned. I guess I'll play with the
optimize table statement a bit then.

Also, I've checked that all the necessary indices are there, and as
I've said write performance is excellent, so why shouldn't "prune"
performance be excellent, too? Is 10 GB database size too much for the
backup volume I mentioned in my first email?

Cheers & thanks, uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +49 (0)5241 / 80 10 66 FAX: / 806 23 38