On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 05:27, Martin Simmons wrote:

> > The LICENSE will not be changed, only the copyright holder, so Bacula will
> > continue to be distributed under GPL version 2 + a few additions that are
> > specified in the LICENSE file.  When GPL version 3 is released, we'll take
> > look at whether or not we want to use it (with input from Bacula users, of
> > course).
>
> I'm a bit confused about the connection between copyright ownership and the
> license.  Are there any issues with changing the license if you don't own the
> copyright?  Conversely, can the copyright owner change the license without
> consulting anyone else?

Copyright owners can release a work under different licenses
at the same or different times.  However with a work that
has been released under any sort of public license it would
be pretty difficult to prove that parts of the code were
not actually owned by other contributors unless the
person claiming ownership has been careful to obtain
copyright assignments from anything he has accepted and
included from others.

--
  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]