hi all

i am currently running bacula-2.1.5 on my backup-server (and 2.1.4 on
the clients), on debian/etch (using the debian-packages from packman)

every now and then (the last one was today; then 1 month before; then 10
days before that,...) i get traceback emails from my backup-server, each
for all of the 3 daemons (dir, file, storage) running there.

the emails are pretty non-descriptive, a la:

Subject: Bacula GDB traceback of bacula-sd
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
/var/lib/bacula/6067: No such file or directory.

the emails usually are sent when nothing interesting is happening (my
backups are all finished at night; the emails are sent somewhen during
the day).

however, receiving tracebacks gives me an uneasy feeling.

any idea why they might occur? (ok, my information i give here is rather
sparse, so i should ask: how should i investigate why they occur?)

any hints?

fgmasdr
IOhannes

--