Hello,

23.10.2007 23:42,, Michael Short wrote::
>> I assume it's always the same job that behaves like this?
>
> Yeah.
>
>> It might be started twice because the DIR clock jumps.
>
> That could very well be the problem, seems theres some 30 minutes
> difference between the clocks.
>
>> So that would be for the second job started.
>
> Yeah thats what I'm thinking.
>
>> Have you checked what happens when you run this job manually, when no
>> other jobs are active?
>
> I plan to try this once I figure out how to get the schedules updated.
>
>> Before you report this as a bug it would be good to supply some more
>> information - the versions of Bacula, for example :-)
>
> Running bacula-dir and bacula-sd 2.0.3, and bacula-fd 2.0.0. I know
> there are some serious bugs that have been fixed and I am working on
> upgrading (not an easy task).

Ok... 2.0.3 doesn't have any scheduling problems I know of.

>> What I'd do in your situation is first making sure the problem happens
>> also when only this one job is active, i.e. disable all your other
>> jobs, or schedule this problem job differently.
>>
>> Then, run the DIR with debug tracing enabled and see if that tells you
>> something.
>>
>> All this is worth the effort only with a reasonably recent version of
>> Bacula as I suppose Kern would not spend much time on 1.38 bugs anymore...
>
> I ran the backup manually with run and there seemed to be no problems.

Ok, so for now we'll concentrate on the schedules.

Can you post the schedules referenced in your job definition?

> Also, when I set a delay in the run time there aren't any problems.
> However, I'm not sure how to update the scheduled jobs list after it
> has already been generated... I updated the configuration but it
> doesn't seem to care. Also tried deleting bacula's state file but that
> didn't work either. Any tips?

The state file doesn't matter here... did you do a reload after the
configuration change? That should lead to the jobs being freshly
scheduled.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann