On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 10:01:22AM -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Uwe Schuerkamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I need to restore data from an offlined DLT tape. The tape is labelled
> > "OFFLINE01" and was created on one of our four bacula servers (all
> > running the same bacula version) and put into a safe for storage at
> > another location.
> >
> > However I'd like to import the jobs on this volume into the bacula
> > instance running in another data centre, could this be done using
> > bscan on the tape or would some other method be more appropriate?
> >
> > Would it pose a problem if the client I need to restore is unknown on
> > this bacula instance I'll be importing to?
> >

> I did this to transfer a vps guest from my work bacula installation to
> my home. Use bscan. For me there was no problem with the client after
> I did a modify when I ran the job from bconsole.

Hello John,

thanks much for your reply. When modifying the restore job, what
should I enter as the "client" and the "restore client"? Restore
client is more or less clear as I'm intending to restore the data to a
local RAID on the bacula server in order to recover some files from
it, but the client itself (and possibly its associated fileset,
Storage, Pool and so on) might come up as unknown in the bacula
instance I'm restoring in, or shouldn't this be a problem?

All the best,

Uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] phone: [+49] 5242.91- 4740  fax:-9722