On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:32:04AM -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> > thanks much for your reply. When modifying the restore job, what
> > should I enter as the "client" and the "restore client"? Restore
> > client is more or less clear as I'm intending to restore the data to a
> > local RAID on the bacula server in order to recover some files from
> > it, but the client itself (and possibly its associated fileset,
> > Storage, Pool and so on) might come up as unknown in the bacula
> > instance I'm restoring in, or shouldn't this be a problem?
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> I am sorry. I don't exactly remember what I did about the client. I
> think I added the original client to the bacula-dir.conf but I could
> be wrong.
>
> John

Hi John,

do you recall the bscan syntax you used for the import? It's a 400G
medium so I'd like to get it right the first time ;-)

Would it be possible to simply copy the entire tape to disk using

cp /dev/nst0 /mnt/raid/OFFLINE01

and then work with the OFFLINE01 file for faster access?

All the best & thanks again for your help,

Uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] phone: [+49] 5242.91- 4740  fax:-9722