On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 03:37:10PM +0100, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I need to restore data from an offlined DLT tape. The tape is labelled
> "OFFLINE01" and was created on one of our four bacula servers (all
> running the same bacula version) and put into a safe for storage at
> another location.
>
> However I'd like to import the jobs on this volume into the bacula
> instance running in another data centre, could this be done using
> bscan on the tape or would some other method be more appropriate?
>
> Would it pose a problem if the client I need to restore is unknown on
> this bacula instance I'll be importing to?

Hi folks,

I've tried a bscan of the volume in question (without db modifications
as outlined in the fine manual), but during the scan bacula comes up
with tons of "unknown client" errors which are probably due to the
fact that the bacula instance I'd like to use to restore the data
doesn't know about the other instance's clients.

would it be sufficient to re-create the one client that I'm after in
the bacula instance that I use to bscan the tape? Is it somehow
possible to tell bscan or some other bacula utility to simply grab all
the files associated with a job, jobid  or client off a tape and dump it
somewhere in the filesystem?

Thanks, Uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] phone: [+49] 5242.91- 4740  fax:-9722