On 10/09/17 00:13, Gi Dot wrote:
> Well I have the freedom to test out any kind of setup to make this work,
> so yes it is possible. But we're talking about a hundred of districts,
> do you think that this approach could be an overkill? Sorry, I should've
> mentioned that there are more than 7 clients involved for the real
> implementation.

Yeah, i would say that going with the multiple-SDs solution probably
isn't going to scale to hundreds of districts.  Performance would be
abysmal.  But then, neither will the shared-SD approach.

> Thanks for the explanation on bacula with cluster. I've never setup
> bacula with cluster before, it's something to look at.

If you are going to try running Bacula against a Galera synchronous
cluster, you must build the Director with attribute spooling disabled.
MySQL attribute spooling as currently implemented does not work on
Galera clusters and will cause jobs to fail.  Bacula on Galera *without*
attribute spooling works just fine.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications