Hi all!

Currently, I'm trying to set up and getting familiar with Bacula.
(v5.2.6 - that's the version that comes with my Linux distribution
Debian Jessie.)

For making backups of the Bacula catalog, I've made the following
configurations:

------------- bacula-sd.conf --------------
[...]
Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /srv/bacula/file
  LabelMedia = yes
  Random Access = yes
  AutomaticMount = yes
  RemovableMedia = no
  AlwaysOpen = no
}
[...]

------------- bacula-dir.conf -------------
[....]
Job {
  Name = "BackupCatalog"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Level = Full
  FileSet="Catalog"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  RunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/scripts/make_catalog_backup.pl MyCatalog"
  RunAfterJob  = "/etc/bacula/scripts/delete_catalog_backup"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%n.bsr"
  Priority = 11
}

Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  Run = Full sun-sat at 20:10
}

FileSet {
  Name = "Catalog"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = "/var/lib/bacula/bacula.sql"
  }
}

Storage {
  Name = File
  Address = localhost
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "xIOrJZDj98rAAfP3S_dN8ipaa6RbxCkV9"
  Device = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
}

Pool {
  Name = File
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 365 days
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 500MB
  Maximum Volumes = 10
  LabelFormat = "file"
}

With this configuration, I would expect that Bacula writes the jobs to a
file "fileXXXX" in /srv/bacula/file and, as soon as this file's size
reaches 500MB, creates a new file and continues with that. (Up to ten
files.) But instead, Bacula keeps writing to a single file, which
currently has grown to around 690MB, IOW well above 500MB.
What's going wrong here? How can I make Bacula create a new file once
the current file's size has reached 500MB?

Regards

Sebastian