Am 31.03.20 um 17:05 schrieb Martin Simmons:

>> Am 30.03.20 um 16:12 schrieb Martin Simmons:
>> Hello,
>>

>> I think the return line should be corrected by changing the false? I'm
>> virgin coding
>> c++ ;-)
>>
>>    if (block->block_len > block->read_len) {
>>       dev->dev_errno = EIO;
>>       Mmsg4(dev->errmsg, _("[SE0208] Volume has data error at %u:%u! Short
>> block of %d bytes on device %s discarded.\n"),
>>          dev->file, dev->block_num, block->read_len, dev->print_name());
>>       Jmsg(jcr, M_INFO, 0, "%s", dev->errmsg);
>>       dev->set_short_block();
>>       block->read_len = block->binbuf = 0;
>>       return true;             /* return error */
>>    }
>
> No, returning true will not work correctly -- the calling function must get
> false for a short block.
Ok. For the moment I test it without any return value, but found allready
another
problem with the new binary, but this is another point.

> Your change to use M_INFO looks correct, but the block.c:682 message in the
> log still says "Error:" so you are still running the original code.  Did you
> run "make" and "make install" after changing the code?  Did they complete
> without errors (you might need to run "make install" as root)?  Did you
> restart the bacula-sd after that?
I compiled all on my workstation by the debian way, means I created a modified
deb, transfered it to the backup server and installed it by dpkg -i.
I checked also the md5sum of the bin before and after the installation and
the original installation differs from the new compiled version.

> I also notice that there is another use of M_ERROR at line 160 of
> read_records.c that causes a second error message:
>
>                Jmsg1(jcr, M_ERROR, 0, "%s", dev->errmsg);
>
> This also needs to be changed to M_INFO.
Will do it also and retest it. Also I will modify the message a little bit
so I can check the message is really from the modified binary.

Cheers,
Pierre