On 2021-12-27 19:56, Phil Stracchino wrote:
On 12/27/21 13:38, Graham Dicker wrote:
On Monday, 27 December 2021 18:19:23 GMT Phil Stracchino wrote:
> The blazes....?   If mysql.user is a VIEW, something is VERY BADLY WRONG.
 > Are you still using Akonadi's MySQL instance?

Not as far as I can tell. I changed /etc/my.cnf to say:

port = 3306

And you are certain that the mysqld listening on that port is NOT Akonadi's?

If Akonadi's mysqld is listening on port 3306, and you install a
second mysqld, it will be unable to bind port 3306.  You cannot have
two different processes listening on the same port.

Try this command as root:   lsof -i | grep 3306

and see which mysql process is listening on that port.  Then look at
the process tree (ps axf) and see what that process belongs to.

Remember that if you install a second mysqld, it will need to have its
own separate mysql configuration file(s), and listen on its own
separate socket and its own separate port, and you will have to
configure bacula to use that socket and/or port.

Personally I'm not a fan of PostgreSQL.  Speaking as a computer
scientist there are things about its internals that make me want to
tear my hair out.  But in this case you may actually have an easier
time dumping your catalog schema from MySQL and importing it into
PostgreSQL than in keeping two distinct MySQL instances properly
separate when (and I do not intend any offense by this) it is clear
that you don't really understand how to manage MySQL.

The other option might be to set up a Bacula catalog DB on a different
host that is not running Akonadi, migrate your catalog DB to that
instance, and then configure the Director to talk to that host.

I don't know how things look on Suse these days but on Centos 7.x
There is only one MySQL installation on the system (meaning that
akonadi doesn't bring its own mysql binaries and that is a good
thing).
Akonadi is using mormal mysql binaries to start its dedicated
mysql instance using its own config file, datadir and unix socket.
So it is unlikely that mysql used by akonadi is listening on the
port 3306/TCP.

--
Josip Deanovic