On Tuesday, 28 December 2021 11:21:19 GMT Josip Deanovic wrote:
> Could send the output of this command:
>
> mysql -u root -e "show databases; show variables where
> variable_name='datadir' or variable_name='socket';"
>

> This will output all your databases and in addition, it will
> output the datadir and the socket your mysql is using.
> This will help us to determine that you are indeed not
> using akonadi instance.
>
> If everything is ok you would just need to enter the correct
> database credentials into the bacula-dir.conf and there should
> be no problems.
> Instead of dbaddress you would just need to specify dbsocket.
> If you don't specify dbsocket, bacula will use the default
> mysql socket which might nor might not be the correct path
> for your mysql instance (depending on the mysql setup).
.+--------------------+
.| Database           |
.+--------------------+
.| bacula             |
.| information_schema |
.| mysql              |
.| performance_schema |
.| test               |
.+--------------------+
.+---------------+-----------------------+
.| Variable_name | Value                 |
.| datadir       | /var/lib/mysql/       |
.| socket        | /run/mysql/mysql.sock |

Is dropping user bacula the action that emptied all the Bacula tables of data?
I know very little about the behaviour of mysql. Anyway, the tables were still
there but empty so I created a new volume and Bacula is now happily backing up
to it. It will take some hours yet to finish that.

Graham