Thanks for your interest, Bill, I will respond to your requests inline:

> On 20. Jul 2022, at 01:11, Bill Arlofski via Bacula-users
> <bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> On 7/19/22 16:55, Justin Case wrote:
> >
>> Error: getmsg.c:217 Malformed message: [bsockcore.c:265 Unable to connect to
>> Director daemon on bacula-dir.lan.net:9101. ERR=Connection refused
>
> Can you show the whole log line where this is displayed?
bacula-dir JobId 1595: Error: getmsg.c:217 Malformed message: [bsockcore.c:265
Unable to connect to Director daemon on bacula-dir.lan.net:9101. ERR=Connection
refused
> Curious to know if it is coming from the FD called `redacted` (looks to be),
> and if it is a "JobId 0" message or if it is
> actually associated to an actual backup jobid.

It is coming from the director and is associated to the actual job ID.

> Maybe just increasing the `ReconnectionTime` to something very big would
> prevent this?

You mean the job just starts at the unlucky moment when the reconnect happens?
These messages happened every night since I enabled this FD to be backed up
(just 2 nights so far). Isn’t it very low probability that the reconnect always
happens just in the moment when the job starts?