On 11/23/22 12:27, Nick Bright wrote:
In the Pool definition there is a Volume Retention of 365 days; however
each client has it's own File Retention and Job Retention (7 days each)

Shouldn't this result in the data contained within the volumes being
expired, and thus the volume could be recycled/purged/truncated once
its' containing datas' retention period has expired?

A couple things to consider here:

For File and Job retentions, manual says:

- When this time period expires, and if AutoPrune is set to yes, Bacula will
prune (remove) File|Job records that are older
than the specified File Retention period

- The shortest retention period of the three takes precedence.

So, I seem to recall that manual prunes do not trigger this action. I could be
wrong here. I have seen some complicated
things with retention periods and pruning in the years I have worked with
Bacula. :)

Of all the people I know, my colleague Ana is the expert I refer to for
retention and pruning questions. :)  ANA! Where are
you?  :D

Also, something else to consider since I do not know your full environment:

If you have jobs on a volume from several different clients, and the files/jobs
of one client meet their retention period and
are auto-pruned, consider that other jobs from clients with longer retention
periods will prevent this volume from being
pruned/purged/recycled/re-used.

I will ping Ana off list to see if she might chime in here.

Best regards,
Bill

--
Bill Arlofski