> I'm confused.  Juan Cole would not have said "we'll know the faith is
> true, etc..."? Or Juan Cole would not have said that Doug Martin said
> the above?

Dear Christian,

I was presuming that Richard meant that Juan is the one who supposedly said
'we'll know the faith is true. . . " which is not the case. As to whether
Juan Cole has said that that Doug Martin said this, I suspect he would have
repeated the story. But that certainly isn't how I got it, nor did I get it
from anyone who had heard it from Juan. I remember when this video first
came out there were a lot of us joking about that statement and I think Juan
Cole was in Pakistan at the time.

warmest, Susan