"And I know much less of what went on between him and  Douglas Martin; but
he has another website regarding what passed between the two of them.  The
one on which I saw the statement to which I have previously referred was
number 6.  The one I saw while looking for it to verify that I saw what I
believe I saw is farther down the list, deals with other aspects of their
dialogue and was not examined by me more than what was necessary to
determine that it was not the website I had first seen."

Dear Richard,

Most of that is not dialogue with Doug Martin at all. They are Juan's
arguments against letters written on behalf of the Universal House of
Justice. Juan attempts to rob them of their authority as such by ascribing
them to individuals. Usually he has no evidence whatsoever who the author of
the letter in question is. And if we are talking about the letter where the
House denounces Juan Cole and his book by name, I happen to know that that
letter was reviewed by *all* the House members.

 " Is he a Covenant Breaker or did he simply withdraw from the Faith?"

He withdrew from the Faith saying he was threatened with being called a
Covenant breaker. At the time he denied that Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation
of God. Since then, he has retracted that statement.
He has never been declared a Covenant breaker.

warmest, Susan


__________________________________________________
You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to